There are many places in a home or business where mold can grow. Some of the signs that it is growing may include but are not limited to a musty odor or visible stains walls and ceilings.
One of the most dangerous aspects of mold is that it’s often very difficult to detect.
You can spend years living in an unhealthy environment, never realizing that your home or business is making you sick. It is common for leaks and mold to go unnoticed for long periods of time even years.
What Causes Mold Growth?
Mold can grow almost anywhere in a home or business. Mold can originate from sudden water releases, like a burst pipe or large spill that goes untreated, or from a chronic condition, such as a leaking roof or plumbing.
Some common property problems that can lead to mold growth include:
- Showers and bathtubs leaks behind tile or surround
- Problems with furnace or air conditioning
- Poor ventilation
- Using dryer that is not hooked up to a vent
- Plumbing leaks under a sink or in a laundry room
- Water seeping into crawl space from outdoor hose or sprinkler system leak
- Roof leaks due to weather damage or age
- Clogged gutters or downspouts
Also, when indoor air is warmer than outdoor air, moisture can collect on cold surfaces like single pane windows, uninsulated walls, pipes and roofs and enhance mold growth.
Mold can be toxic, creating various health hazards including difficulty breathing, upper respiratory infections and other. Once the mold begins to grow, it can spread to your furniture, walls, carpets, and other interior surfaces. In some cases mold can destroy sheetrock, paint, and damage the structure of your home or business if not removed.
- Free inspection and testing
- Remove surface and airborne mold
- Re-establishment of a healthy indoor environment for occupants.
- Decontamination & odor removal.
We understand the inconveniences and emotional stress after property damage happens. Whether you’ve had a residential or commercial loss, we will work very closely with you, the insurance adjuster and/or agent to make sure the claims process is a smooth as possible. We evaluate the damages and provide you and your insurance company with an estimate for the repairs needed.
Serving southern Idaho from the Magic Valley to the Treasure Valley -
including Boise, Twin Falls and surrounding areas.