Twin Falls Mold Removal
Mold Remediation to Keep Your Home Safe & Healthy
There are many places in a home or business where mold can grow. Some of the signs that it is growing include a musty odor or visible stains on walls and ceilings. Unfortunately, mold is often present before any signs are evident.
This difficulty involved in detecting and removing mold is one of the most dangerous aspects of exposure. It's very possible to spend years living in an unhealthy environment, never realizing that one's home or business is making them sick. It is common for leaks and mold to go unnoticed for long periods of time, even years.
Get your assessment for mold removal in Twin Falls or the surrounding areas by calling (208) 215-7607 or submitting a contact form online today!
What Is Mold?
Simply put, mold is a fungus that is comprised of microscopic organisms that can grow just about anywhere. While most people think of mold as green, it can be all sorts of colors, such as black, orange, or purple. Out in nature, mold plays a vital role in the ecosystem as a decomposer of organic matter like bark, plants, or dead animals. It’s when mold is growing indoors that it’s a problem.
Is Mold Harmful?
In very small amounts, mold can be harmless. You are more likely than not interact with trace amounts of mold spores every day if you spend time outside. Indoor mold can be problematic when it’s growing and proliferating its spores into the air at an unusually high rate. This hazard could lead to your experiencing health problems such as nasal congestion, wheezing, throat inflammation, or rashes on the skin. Those that are allergic to mold might experience worse symptoms.
What Causes Mold Growth?
Mold can grow almost anywhere. It can originate from sudden water releases, like a burst pipe or a large spill that goes untreated, or from a chronic condition, such as a leaking roof or plumbing.
Some common property problems that can lead to mold growth include:
- Shower and bathtub leaks beneath tile
- An improperly maintained furnace or air conditioning
- Poor indoor ventilation
- Using a dryer that is not hooked up to a vent
- Plumbing leaks under a sink or in a laundry room
- Water seeping into a crawl space from an outdoor hose or sprinkler system
- Roof leaks due to weather damage or old age
- Clogged gutters or downspouts
There are also weather effects that can cause mold. When indoor air is warmer than outdoor air, moisture can collect on cold surfaces like single pane windows, non-insulated walls, pipes, and roofs. This kind of moisture collection will often enhance mold growth.
The Dangers of Mold
Mold, particularly black mold, can be toxic, creating various health hazards including difficulty breathing, upper respiratory infections, and other problems. Once the mold begins to grow, it can spread to your furniture, walls, carpets, and other interior surfaces. In some cases, mold can destroy sheetrock, paint, and damage the structure of your home or business if it is not removed.
Our mold removal services in Twin Falls include:
- Mold inspection and testing
- Removal of sewage or any standing water (with the help of local plumbers)
- Containment of the area to keep the house livable and safe
- Surface and airborne mold removal
- Re-establishment of a healthy indoor environment for occupants
- Decontamination and odor removal
Call Magic Valley Restoration (208) 215-7607 or contact us online to get your free damage assessment for mold removal in Twin Falls and the surrounding areas.
Signs You Might Have Mold in Your Home
It can be hard to tell if you have mold in your home. Some signs to look out for include:
- Allergy-like symptoms
- You've had water damage in the past
- Smell of dampness coming from your walls or floor
- High levels of humidity in your home
- Black, white, gray, or green spots on your walls, ceilings, and/or floors
3 Misconceptions About Mold Removal
- Mold inspection fees are necessary. If a company is trying to charge you for mold inspection fees, you should probably stay away. All types of mold must be removed so it’s a waste of money.
- Mold removal can be relatively inexpensive with the right company. If a price is too low, that company might not be a great fit as running a legitimate mold removal enterprise is a pricey endeavor. This is due to the high costs of equipment, liability, and workers' comp.
- Mold remediation removes 100% of mold. Anyone who guarantees that they’ll remove every last microbe of mold is lying to you. Our mold remediation service will remove as much mold as possible, the difference is that we here at Magic Valley Restoration & Construction will never lie to you.
Can Mold Grow Back After Removal?
Yes, mold can grow back after removal if your affected area is still moist and lacking proper ventilation. To ensure that mold doesn’t grow back after removal, set up a dehumidifier and make sure that your affected area is getting proper ventilation to the outdoors.
From Mold Inspection to Removal
We understand the inconvenience and emotional stress after property damage happens. Whether you have black mold in your Idaho home or commercial damage, we will work very closely with you, the insurance adjuster, and/or agent to make sure the claims process is as smooth as possible. We evaluate the damages and provide you and your insurance company with an estimate for the mold damage repairs needed.
Magic Valley Restoration & Construction is available 24/7! Call us at (208) 215-7607 or Contact us online for reliable mold remediation in Twin Falls and the surrounding areas.
“Dan from Magic Valley Restoration is a stud!! He’s been upfront, honest, and has packed so many hours in one day's time over and over to get my property back where it needed to be!!”Jake N.
“I feel confident that they will “over deliver “ in expectations for all projects.”Ashley O.
“The finishing work and the attention to detail was unmatched...”Natalie A
“We feel like we are part of the Magic Valley Restoration family now...”Shawn A
“I will refer them to everyone! 10 Stars!”Marciano H.
WHY HIRE OUR MVRC TEAM?Committed to Delivering Quality Work
Top Rated Reviews
Licensed, Bonded, and Insured
1 Year Warranty On All Completed Jobs
Locally & Family Owned with Hands-On Owners
24/7 Emergency Plumbing & Restoration Services
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does Black Mold Look Like?You can often distinguish black mold from other types of mold or fungus by its slimy, dark-greenish color. It requires ample moisture to grow and thrive, so you will probably also notice signs of ... Read More
Is Black Mold Dangerous?Certain strands of black mold – Stachybotrys chartarum – can cause health problems if inhaled or ingested, especially for people with allergies, weakened immune systems, or respiratory issues. Not all ... Read More
My Water Heater Is Leaking — What Do I Do?If it is safe to do so and you know how to do it correctly, shut off the water supply to your water heater. Next, turn off the power supply to the water heater. Both of these steps can help prevent ... Read More
I Have Water in My Crawlspace — What Do I Do?Water in a crawlspace can harbor mold growth, make a cozy home for pests, and spike your water utility bills if it is caused by a leak. It can be remedied in some cases with a sump pump, vapor ... Read More
My Washing Machine/Dishwasher Is Leaking — What Do I Do?Many washing machine and dishwasher leaks are caused by a loose hose clamp near where the unit drains. Double-check this clamp is tightened all the way. If that does not solve the problem, you may ... Read More
I Had a Fire on the Stove, I Have Smoke Damage and My House Smells — What Do I Do?Burning food can stink up your entire home at best and cause smoke damage at worst. Don’t worry, we can help! If the fire has created smoke damage, give us a call and we will come pack up all the ... Read More